Aurora Viewing Tours
Your Aurora viewing experience under the Yukon stars!
Ever wanted to find out how an Aurora viewing experience could affect your life and happiness? Up here people say the Yukon is larger then life! Well, the wonderful clear view up into the Yukon sky with all it stars and Northern Lights makes it majestic for sure. Come and be overwhelmed by your first Aurora viewing experience and enjoy the colourful and quiet light show with all it’s mystics and brilliance. See the Aurora in all it’s beauty, sometimes light green to intense, sometimes purple and moving quick and wide from horizon to horizon, or it just fades in and out for just moments and surprises you in colour and appearance.
You will be picked up at 10pm at your Whitehorse downtown hotel and we shuttle you to the viewing site about 35 minutes south of town. At the viewing site you can enjoy yourself outside around a campfire or in the little heated cabin for some provided snacks and hot drinks. At around 2am we will bring you back to your hotel.
2 Nights Rate: $480 per person. Single room supplement for 2 nights: $140
3 Nights Rate: $630 per person. Single room supplement for 3 nights: $220
4 Nights Rate: $780 per person. Single room supplement for 4 nights: $290
5 Nights Rate: $950 per person. Single room supplement for 5 nights: $350
Number of guests: minimum of 2 guests to maximum of 10 guests
Tour availability: September 15th 2018 – April 14th 2019
For your day activities:
We can offer you dogsledding and snowshoe trips, but also city tours and or ice fishing experience. There are also classic Yukon cabins to rent, if you like to stay out of town and enjoy a quiet winter night in a cozy wood stove heated cabin.
Please visit our Tours section on the main page for more infos.
Infos you should know..
Included in this package:
- All accommodation
- All the transfers by shuttle including English speaking guide
- 2, 3, 4 or 5 nights of Aurora viewing site visit including hot drinks and snacks
- Initial 1 day Information meeting
- Campfire and heated cabin or wall tent at the viewing site
Not included in this package:
- Meals, Beverages and Tip
- Winter gear
- Trip cancellation & medical insurance: We recommend you purchase insurance coverage at the time of booking. Your policy should cover injury, illness or death and trip cancellation, emergency medical search & rescue, flight accident, travel accident, loss of baggage and personal effects
Winter gear package
The package includes:
- Winter outerwear pants with inner fleece liner
- Winter outerwear jacket with inner fleece liner
- Winter boots
- Insulated mitts
- Insulated headgear
Winter Clothing Package for 2/3/4/5 nights: CAD$130/$140/$150/$160/person + 5% GST